It’s easy: just remember the Golden Rule of doing unto others as you would like them to do unto you. When you are dating and getting to know someone better, these simple rules will be helpful. Remember, you only get one chance to make a first impression. And technology is no substitute for human companionship. Cherish each other and respect each other’s time.
- Do not use your cell phone when driving. Pull over to make or receive calls or messages.
- Call or text as soon as you find out you are running late and make sure it includes an apology and the approximate time you will arrive.
- When you are out on a date with someone special, don’t use your cell phone to play games, engage in social media activities, or check email.
- Don’t answer your cell phone when you are out on a date with someone special (unless it is your babysitter or child calling-then, be brief and explain the interruption).
- If you use your camera phone to take pictures, make sure you include the person that you are with in the pictures.