Most of us like to hold, touch, and snuggle with the ones we love. It makes us feel closer because we are sharing space and vibrations in a loving way. Ten reasons why snuggling is great:
- Skin is the body’s largest sensory organ with millions of nerves and cells.
- Snuggling relaxes both the body and mind; it is protective while providing comforting reassurance.
- When you snuggle, you are sharing and activating chakra, centers of spiritual energy.
- Gentle touching slows down your heart rate and is good for your blood pressure.
- You don’t even have to be awake to snuggle!
- Snuggling is a love language that says, “I like you,” “I care,” and “I love you.”
- There are no rules and you can snuggle any way you want to.
- Snuggling provides physical affection without sex.
- On cold winter nights, the most efficient way to stay warm is to snuggle with another person.
- When you snuggle, you put pheromones on each other that mark your territory telling others, “Mine–keep off!”