- Spending time together with just the two of you on a regular basis.
- Doing a variety of activities such as eating, going to the movies, attending a sporting event.
- Respecting yourself and expecting your date to respect you.
- Meeting in public places.
- Introducing each other to friends, parents, and siblings.
- Communicating in a positive way with each other.
- Having high standards and enforcing them.
- Knowing what you will accept as appropriate behavior and know what you will not tolerate.
- Being consistent with your words and actions.
- Being open-minded to doing new things.