Sometimes, if we are lucky, we get to choose between two potential partners for us. This makes sense because there are millions of people in the world and we are compatible with many. There is great potential to be happy with more than one person in our lifetime, but when it comes to exclusivity in our relationship, we typically choose one person to focus our loving attention on.
Because our love energy and attention is going to be shared with this one particular person, s/he should be very special and offer us the type of relationship that we truly desire. This quick guide can help you make your decision about which one to choose:
Write a list of what you like and dislike about each potential partner. Compare the lists, but also star the qualities that are most important to you.
- Communicate with your special someone to find out if s/he has a vision for your future together. Your potential partner may not have a shared vision and this is important for you to know, too. If both potential partners have shared visions of a future together, which future is most attractive to you?
- Ask yourself: which one do you see yourself growing old with grace, dignity, and bonded closeness?
- Ask yourself: which one will take better care of you when you are sick?
- Compare the fun factor for both potential partners. Which one makes you laugh?
- Communication is important. Which partner can you talk with most easily and share your innermost thoughts and feelings?
- Ask yourself: which one is the one you would most want your son or daughter to marry?