When we get used to something or someone, we tend to focus attention on other things. This can be natural and biological. Because our senses have become accustomed or desensitized to the lack of newness, we can walk right by it like a piece of furniture. Do you sometimes feel like a piece of furniture?
As evolved human beings, we need to be conscious of the need to pay attention when we are with someone significant to us. There are subtleties and nuances to each of our lives and due to the time continuum and the biology of how the cells in our body regenerate, we are never truly the same exact person tomorrow.
When your partner fails to see you, it does not automatically mean that s/he doesn’t care. However, it is slippery slope toward being taken for granted. Most of us want a mate that cares enough to notice us. Here are 5 ways to tell if your mate is truly seeing you:
- You receive compliments that are specific about your appearance, especially something new such as a hairstyle, piece of clothing, jewelry, etc.
- Your partner notices when your emotional well-being shifts and asks questions out of concern.
- When you are touched, the touch goes deeper than the superficial; there is warmth, recognition, and healing.
- You receive positive attention from your partner at various points throughout the day and week, despite being “busy.”
- Your partner can describe your job, dreams, and highest aspirations.